If you are a professional in the mental health field, and have been in private practice for a while, or are just recently thinking of venturing out on your own, I offer consultation services that will help you to create a thriving presence in your community and grow your business.
When I went into private practice, I quickly realized that I was going to have to figure things out on my own because:
- Graduate school doesn’t typically prepare you for running a business. Did your graduate courses provide information on setting up a private practice, how to use social media professionally, what to include in your paperwork, and how to make a killer website? No? Mine didn’t either.
- I never talked with other helping professionals about how to balance our desire to help, with our desire to succeed. Sometimes it can feel wrong to make money.
- There weren’t a lot of resources to support me professionally that felt authentic and whole-hearted, while not feeling sales-y.
I’ve been piecing together what’s needed to run a successful business, and I’d like to pass on what I’ve already figured out. Why should you have to start from square one?
How I can help
No matter what stage you are in, I can help you figure out what may be missing, or what you can improve, to have a successful practice and reach your ideal clients. I can help you to:
Starting a private practice
- Figure out your niche and how to market to your ideal client
- Set up your website and online presence
- Decide what technology you’ll use for appointments, note-keeping, etc.
- Determine what paperwork is needed
- Set up accounts, business licenses, and liability insurance
- Determine your rates
Improving your current practice
- Find more ideal clients
- Tweak your brand and create new content and/or services
- Network with optimal referral sources
- Use social media to your advantage to get more referrals
- Reevaluate your website – what is missing and what could be improved
- Evaluate your office space to make sure it’s meeting the emotional needs of clients
If you need help with something that isn’t on this list, contact me and we’ll talk over what you need. If I can’t help, I’ll put you in touch with someone who can.